CAREFULLY: This End-User License Agreement (“EULA”) is a legal
agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Microsoft
Corporation for the Microsoft software product identified above, which includes
computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, and
“online” or electronic documentation (“SOFTWARE PRODUCT”).
An amendment or addendum to this EULA may accompany the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS EULA BY INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE
USING THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. IF YOU
DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT; YOU MAY RETURN IT TO
YOUR PLACE OF PURCHASE FOR A FULL REFUND.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Microsoft grants you the following rights provided you comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA:
may install and use an unlimited number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on
computers, including workstations, terminals or other digital electronic devices
residing on your premises ("Computers") to design, develop, and test
your software application(s) (“Application”) for use with any version or
edition of Microsoft server software (“Microsoft Server Software Product”).
Sample Code. You may modify the sample source code located in the
SOFTWARE PRODUCT's "samples" directories ("Sample Code") to
design, develop, and test your Application solely for use with a Microsoft
Server Software Product. You may
also reproduce and distribute the Sample Code in object code form along with any
modifications you make to the Sample Code, provided that you comply with the
Distribution Terms described below. For
purposes of this section, "modifications" shall mean enhancements to
the functionality of the Sample Code.
Portions of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT are designated as “Redistributable
Code.” The text file, \LICENSE\REDIST.TXT,
lists the Redistributable code.
You may reproduce and distribute an unlimited number of copies of the
Sample Code and/or Redistributable Code (collectively “Redistributable
Components”) as described above in object code form, provided that (a) you
distribute the Redistributable Components only in conjunction with and as a part
of your Application solely for use with a Microsoft Server Software Product; (b)
your Application adds significant and primary functionality to the
Redistributable Components; (c) you distribute your Application containing the
Redistributable Components pursuant to an End-User License Agreement (which may
be “break-the-seal”, “click-wrap” or signed), with terms no less
protective than those contained herein; (d) you do not permit further
redistribution of the Redistributable Components by your end-user customers; (e)
you do not use Microsoft's name, logo, or trademarks to market your Application;
(f) you include a valid copyright notice on your Application; and (g) you agree
to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Microsoft from and against any claims or
lawsuits, including attorneys' fees, that arise or result from the use or
distribution of your Application. Contact
Microsoft for the applicable licensing terms for all other uses and/or
distribution of the Redistributable Components.
· Reservation of Rights. Microsoft reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in this EULA.
2. TRANSFER—Internal. You may move the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to a different Computer. Transfer to Third Party. The initial user of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may make a one-time transfer of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to another end user. The transfer has to include all component parts, media, printed materials, this EULA, and if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity. The transfer may not be an indirect transfer, such as a consignment. Prior to the transfer, the end user receiving the transferred SOFTWARE PRODUCT must agree to all the EULA terms. No Rental. You may not rent, lease, or lend the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The foregoing prohibition includes a prohibition on commercially hosting the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
3. LIMITATION ON REVERSE ENGINEERING, DECOMPILATION, AND DISASSEMBLY. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that it is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
4. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, Microsoft may cancel this EULA if you do not abide by the terms and conditions of this EULA, in which case you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all of its component parts.
5. CONSENT TO USE OF DATA. You agree that Microsoft and its affiliates may collect and use technical information you provide as a part of support services related to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. Microsoft agrees not to use this information in a form that personally identifies you.
6. Not for Resale Software. SOFTWARE PRODUCT identified as “Not for Resale” or “NFR,” may not be resold, transferred or used for any purpose other than demonstration, test or evaluation.
7. Academic Edition Software. To use SOFTWARE PRODUCT identified as “Academic Edition” or “AE,” you must be a “Qualified Educational User.” For qualification-related questions, please contact the Microsoft Sales Information Center/One Microsoft Way/Redmond, WA 98052-6399 or the Microsoft subsidiary serving your country.
EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You
acknowledge that the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is of U.S. origin.
You agree to comply with all applicable international and national laws
that apply to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, including the U.S. Export Administration
Regulations, as well as end-user, end-use and destination restrictions issued by
U.S. and other governments. For
additional information, see <http://www.microsoft.com/exporting/>.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Microsoft and its suppliers
provide to you the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, and any (if any) support services relating
to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (“Support Services”) AS IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS; and Microsoft and its suppliers hereby disclaim with respect
to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and Support Services all warranties and conditions,
whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if
any) warranties, duties or conditions of or related to:
merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of viruses,
accuracy or completeness of responses, results, workmanlike effort and lack of
also there is no warranty, duty or condition of title, QUIET ENJOYMENT,
QUIET POSSESSION, CORRESPONDENCE TO DESCRIPTION or non-infringement.
The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT
AND ANY SUPPORT SERVICES remains with YOU.
INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES.
To the maximum extent permitted by
applicable law, in no event shall Microsoft or its suppliers be liable for any
special, incidental, indirect, punitive or consequential damages whatsoever
(including, but not limited to, damages for:
loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business
interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty
(including of good faith or of reasonable care), negligence, and any other
pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the
use of or inability to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or the Support Services, or the
provision of or failure to provide Support Services, or otherwise under or in
connection with any provision of this EULA, even if Microsoft or any supplier
has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND REMEDIES. Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of Microsoft and any of its suppliers under any provision of this EULA and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to the greater of the amount actually paid by you for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or U.S.$5.00. The foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
12. NOTE ON JAVA SUPPORT. THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT MAY CONTAIN SUPPORT FOR PROGRAMS WRITTEN IN JAVA. JAVA TECHNOLOGY IS NOT FAULT TOLERANT AND IS NOT DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, OR INTENDED FOR USE OR RESALE AS ONLINE CONTROL EQUIPMENT IN HAZARDOUS ENVIRONMENTS REQUIRING FAIL-SAFE PERFORMANCE, SUCH AS IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL, DIRECT LIFE SUPPORT MACHINES, OR WEAPONS SYSTEMS, IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF JAVA TECHNOLOGY COULD LEAD DIRECTLY TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. Sun Microsystems, Inc. has contractually obligated Microsoft to make this disclaimer.
13. U.S. GOVERNMENT LICENSE RIGHTS. All SOFTWARE PRODUCT provided to the U.S. Government pursuant to solicitations issued on or after December 1, 1995 is provided with the commercial license rights and restrictions described elsewhere herein. All SOFTWARE PRODUCT provided to the U.S. Government pursuant to solicitations issued prior to December 1, 1995 is provided with “Restricted Rights” as provided for in FAR, 48 CFR 52.227-14 (JUNE 1987) or DFAR, 48 CFR 252.227-7013 (OCT 1988), as applicable.
14. APPLICABLE LAW. If you acquired this SOFTWARE PRODUCT in the United States, this EULA is governed by the laws of the State of Washington. If you acquired this SOFTWARE PRODUCT in Canada, unless expressly prohibited by local law, this EULA is governed by the laws in force in the Province of Ontario, Canada; and, in respect of any dispute which may arise hereunder, you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal and provincial courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario. If this SOFTWARE PRODUCT was acquired outside the United States, then local law may apply.
AGREEMENT. This EULA (including any addendum or amendment to this EULA
which is included with the SOFTWARE PRODUCT) are the entire agreement between
you and Microsoft relating to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and the support services (if
any) and they supersede all prior or contemporaneous oral or written
communications, proposals and representations with respect to the SOFTWARE
PRODUCT or any other subject matter covered by this EULA.
To the extent the terms of any Microsoft policies or programs for support
services conflict with the terms of this EULA, the terms of this EULA shall
16. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. Microsoft or its suppliers own the title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
vous avez acquis votre PRODUIT LOGICIEL Microsoft au CANADA, la garantie limitée
suivante vous concerne :
DE GARANTIE. DANS LA MESURE
MAXIMALE PERMISE PAR LES LOIS APPLICABLES, MICROSOFT ET SES FOURNISSEURS VOUS
FOURNISSENT LE PRODUIT LOGICIEL ET LES SERVICES DE SOUTIEN TECHNIQUE POUR LE PRODUIT LOGICIEL
(LES “SERVICES DE SOUTIEN”), LE CAS ÉCHÉANT, TEL QUEL ET AVEC TOUS LES
DÉFAUTS; MICROSOFT ET SES FOURNISSEURS, PAR LES PRÉSENTES, DÉNIENT TOUTES
AUTRES GARANTIES ET CONDITIONS EXPRESSES, IMPLICITES OU EN VERTU DE LA LOI,
RELATIVEMENT AU PRODUIT LOGICIEL ET AUX SERVICES DE SOUTIEN, NOTAMMENT (LE CAS ÉCHÉANT)
LES GARANTIES, DEVOIRS OU CONDITIONS DE, OU EN MATIÈRE DE, QUALITÉ MARCHANDE,
D’ADAPTATION À UN USAGE PARTICULIER, D’ABSENCE DE VIRUS, D’EXACTITUDE OU
D’EXHAUSTIVITÉ DES RÉPONSES, DES RÉSULTATS, DES EFFORTS DÉPLOYÉS SELON
LES RÈGLES DE L’ART ET D’ABSENCE DE NÉGLIGENCE. PAR AILLEURS, IL N’Y A AUCUNE GARANTIE, DEVOIR OU CONDITION
QUANT AU TITRE DE PROPRIÉTÉ, À LA JOUISSANCE OU À LA POSSESSION PAISIBLE, À
LA CONCORDANCE À UNE DESCRIPTION NI QUANT À UNE ABSENCE DE CONTREFAÇON
CONCERNANT LE PRODUIT LOGICIEL
OU LES SERVICES DE SOUTIEN. VOUS
ACCEPTEZ TOUS LES RISQUES RELATIVEMENT À L’UTILISATION DU PRODUIT LOGICIEL
ET DES SERVICES DE SOUTIEN DE MÊME QUE RELATIVEMENT À LA PERFORMANCE DU
ET À LA PRESTATION DES SERVICES DE SOUTIEN.
DES DOMMAGES ACCESSOIRES, INDIRECTS ET DE CERTAINS AUTRES DOMMAGES.
DANS LA MESURE MAXIMALE PERMISE PAR LES LOIS APPLICABLES, EN AUCUN CAS
MICROSOFT OU SES FOURNISSEURS NE SERONT RESPONSABLES DES DOMMAGES SPÉCIAUX,
ACCESSOIRES, INDIRECTS OU CONSÉCUTIFS DE QUELQUE NATURE QUE CE SOIT (NOTAMMENT,
LES DOMMAGES À L’ÉGARD DE LA PERTE DE PROFITS OU À LA PERTE DE
RENSEIGNEMENTS CONFIDENTIELS OU AUTRES, DE L’INTERRUPTION DES AFFAIRES, DE
BLESSURES CORPORELLES, DE LA VIOLATION DE LA VIE PRIVÉE, DE L’OMISSION DE
REMPLIR TOUT DEVOIR, Y COMPRIS D’AGIR DE BONNE FOI OU D’EXERCER UN SOIN
RAISONNABLE, DE LA NÉGLIGENCE ET DE TOUTE AUTRE PERTE PÉCUNIAIRE OU AUTRE
PERTE DE QUELQUE NATURE QUE CE SOIT) SE RAPPORTANT DE QUELQUE MANIÈRE QUE CE
SOIT À L’UTILISATION DU PRODUIT LOGICIEL
OU À L’INCAPACITÉ DE S’EN SERVIR, À LA PRESTATION OU À L’OMISSION
D’UNE PRESTATION DES SERVICES DE SOUTIEN OU AUTREMENT AUX TERMES DE TOUTE
DISPOSITION DE CE CLUF, OU RELATIVEMENT À UNE TELLE DISPOSITION, MÊME EN CAS
DE FAUTE, DE DÉLIT CIVIL (Y COMPRIS LA NÉGLIGENCE, DE RESPONSABILITÉ STRICTE,
DE VIOLATION DE CONTRAT OU DE VIOLATION DE GARANTIE DE MICROSOFT OU DE TOUT
FOURNISSEUR, ET CE MÊME SI MICROSOFT OU TOUT FOURNISSEUR A ÉTÉ AVISÉ DE LA
POSSIBILITÉ DE TELS DOMMAGES.
DE RESPONSABILITÉ ET RECOURS. MALGRé
LES DOMMAGES QUE VOUS PUISSIEZ SUBIR POUR QUELQUE MOTIF QUE CE SOIT (NOTAMMENT,
TOUS LES DOMMAGES SUS-MENTIONNÉS ET TOUS LES DOMMAGES DIRECTS OU GÉNÉRAUX),
L’OBLIGATION INTÉGRALE DE MICROSOFT ET DE L’UN OU L’AUTRE DE SES
FOURNISSEURS AUX TERMES DE TOUTE DISPOSITION DE CE CLUF ET VOTRE RECOURS
EXCLUSIF À L’éGARD DE TOUT DE QUI PRÉCÈDE SE LIMITENT AUX DOMMAGES RÉELS
QUE VOUS AVEZ SUBIS EN VOUS FONDANT SUR UNE EXPECTATIVE RAISONNABLE, JUSQU’AU
PLUS ÉLEVé ENTRE LES MONTANTS SUIVANTS :
LE MONTANT QUE VOUS AVEZ RÉELLEMENT PAYé POUR LE PRODUIT LOGICIEL OU
$5.00 u.s. LES LIMITES, EXCLUSIONS
ET DéNIS QUI PRéCÈDENT S’APPLIQUENT DANS LA MESURE MAXIMALE PERMISE PAR LES
LOIS APPLICABLES MÊME SI TOUT RECOURS N’ATTEINT PAS SON BUT ESSENTIEL.
La présente Convention est régie
par les lois de la province d’Ontario, Canada.
Chacune des parties à la présente reconnaît irrévocablement la compétence
des tribunaux de la province d’Ontario et consent à instituer tout litige qui
pourrait découler de la présente auprès des tribunaux situés dans le
district judiciaire de York, province d’Ontario.
Au cas où vous auriez des
questions concernant cette licence ou que vous désiriez vous mettre en rapport
avec Microsoft pour quelque raison que ce soit, veuillez contacter la succursale
Microsoft desservant votre pays, dont l’adresse est fournie dans ce produit,
ou écrivez à : Microsoft Sales Information Center, One Microsoft Way,
Redmond, Washington 98052-6399.